PE and School Sport at Goldington Green Academy
Our vision is that all pupils at Goldington Green Academy experience excellent physical education (PE), school sport and physical activity that will lead to lifelong participation. This strategy will aim to:
- improve health and well-being, leading to prolonged Physical Literacy
- provide high quality opportunities and outcomes
- assist each individual to be the best they can be
- encourage community involvement and responsibility
- promote lifelong learning, active participation and competition
- raise achievement and support excellence.
- create a lasting legacy of the 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games
PE and sport have an important role to play in raising standards and narrowing the achievement gap. Research has shown how placing PE and sport at the heart of a broad and balanced curriculum can improve attendance, behaviour and attainment. PE and sport build self-esteem, teamwork and leadership skills.
The School Sports Partnership (SSP) have devised a set of sporting values that permeate teaching and learning, both in lessons and in after school/lunchtime clubs.
The values are:
- Self belief
“If you can believe it, the mind can achieve it.” Ronnie Lott-American football player