Music at Goldington Green Academy
We have high musical aspirations at Goldington Green Academy, and a very rich musical life. We aim to inspire all of our children to view music as a vehicle for expressing themselves, and to reach their full musical potential. We are in the rare position of having a music specialist leading all classroom music learning, and we offer a broad range of extra curricula music activities.
Our music follows the national curriculum and all the children are taught to
- Use their voices expressively
- Make music with a broad range of instruments, including whole class ukulele and recorders
- Appreciate music from a variety of traditions, great composers and musicians
- Experiment with song writing, composition and improvisation
- Use technology such as iPads to record and create music
We have a very strong team of visiting instrumental teachers, from violin, flute, clarinet, and piano through to saxophone, guitar, ukulele and drum kit. We also have a prize winning choir and a very enthusiastic recorder group, and every child takes part in a singing assembly once a week. Pupils are given regular opportunities to perform to their peers and parents, and the school drama club regularly perform musicals and reviews.
At any school event you’ll hear the children singing, and the smiles on their faces shows just how much music is at the heart of the school!